Fred W. Gretsch Enterprises, Ltd., world-renown maker of quality drums and guitars since 1883 and home of “That Great Gretsch Sound”, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Careers at Gretsch
Join our growing team and help shape the future of a musical legacy! We serve a worldwide community of musicians, artists, music lovers, and fans. We are a long-standing leader in the musical instrument industry looking for motivated individuals who value stability, loyalty, and a long-term commitment to personal and professional growth. We are offering an opportunity for you to make an impact on our ongoing legacy as well as define your own future. As we grow, our commitment is to put you in the best position to succeed personally and professionally.
Application Process for All Positions: Qualified individuals should send resume and cover letter detailing experience, salary requirements, and qualifications — along with any personal connection to music making to: HR@Gretsch.com.
Current openings: (2)
Audit & Financial Manager
Location: Gretsch Office, Pooler, GA
Reports to: Director of Operations and Finance
Scope of Responsibilities:
This is a leadership position. The successful candidate must have the ability to lead in a manner that inspires confidence and respect.
Work closely guiding the business to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of accounting transactions and financial statement presentations, and to ensure accounting processes and procedures conform to the applicable principles of accounting and regulatory requirements for a Private Business.
To ensure our License Partners for drums and guitars are audited on a regular schedule and any and all balances for the audit are collected.
To ensure the business is following the Yearly Budget in place.
This is a Vital Senior Management Position
The Audit and Financial Manager will supervise the Staff Accountant.
- Audits and collections of all License Partners. A Quarterly Audit is required.
- Review, sign off, and presentation of month-end financial statements.
- Supervise Staff Accountant daily and for Month End Closing.
- Actively engage and lead the annual budget process, conduct periodic forecasting, and perform financial analysis on the daily business and the License Partners.
- Build out the accounting team providing ongoing staff development, coaching, and leadership, while overseeing the daily financial operations of the business unit and supervision of the accounting staff.
- Ensure all monthly reports are completed on time and reviewed with all senior managers explaining reasons for swings.
- Oversee standard accounting processes and procedures including AP, AR, bank statements, financial statements, etc.
- Maintain our extensive Accounting Calendar and schedules which include trademarks and domain names.
- Involvement in insurance policies, renewals, Workman’s Comp, Liability, Umbrella, Property, Health and other plans. Assist Director of Operations and Finance. Develop presentation to senior management.
- Oversee all sales tax and property tax reporting.
- Maintain and enforce technical compliance to Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (GAAP).
- Audit and monitor compliance with internal policies and procedures, internal controls, and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Filing and controlling all documents required by IRS regulations for audits.
- Payroll for hourly staff and all record keeping for payroll and H/R.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance, MBA or equivalent experience required.
- CPA a plus with strong demonstrated accounting experience.
- 5 years of accounting/finance leadership experience.
- 10 years of accounting experience.
- This position is hands-on, requiring a high degree of engagement and attention to detail.
- Collaborative team-oriented approach.
- Strong working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Experience in brand management or a family-owned office with multiple entities a plus.
- Knowledge of licensing experience a plus.
Gretsch Family Leadership Team
Join the Gretsch leadership team of the future!
As we develop the next generation of exceptional leadership at Gretsch, we are searching for highly skilled, qualified, and motivated professionals to lead in a variety of areas including but not limited to: operations management, information technology management, and finance & accounting management.
Aside from the general requirements below, ideal candidates will be enthusiastic, results-oriented problem solvers who strive to get things done right with a commitment to maintaining the highest standards. Skills, experience, and education as supplied during the application process will be weighed accordingly.
Location: Gretsch Office, Pooler, GA.
- Knowledge and experience in operations, IT, accounting, finance, general business office operations, or social media required.
- Minimum five years of experience managing in a licensing and/or music products company or equivalent.
- Knowledge of contracts, licensing, and best management practices.
- Demonstrated skill in formulating policy and developing and implementing new programs and procedures.
- Demonstrated skills in accounting software and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to develop a budget and financial plan and manage financial resources.
- Professional writing, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and interact with all levels of personalities, worldwide.
- Strong organizational and computer skills.
- Must be self directed, self-motivated, and capable of achieving results with minimal supervision.
- Able to work standard business hours (45-50 hours per week) at Gretsch Family World Headquarters in Pooler, Georgia.
- Approximately 10% (24 overnights per year) travel required including designated trade shows and special meetings and overseas travel.