Fred W. Gretsch Enterprises, Ltd., world-renown maker of quality drums and guitars since 1883 and home of “That Great Gretsch Sound”, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CAREERS AT GRETSCH
Join our growing team and help shape the future of a musical legacy! We serve a worldwide community of musicians, artists, music lovers, and fans. We are a long-standing leader in the musical instrument industry looking for motivated individuals who value stability, loyalty, and a long-term commitment to personal and professional growth. We are offering an opportunity for you to make an impact on our ongoing legacy as well as define your own future. As we grow, our commitment is to put you in the best position to succeed personally and professionally.
Application Process for All Positions: Qualified individuals should send resume and cover letter detailing experience, salary requirements, and qualifications — along with any personal connection to music making to: HR@Gretsch.com.
Current openings: (7)
1. Full Charge Bookkeeper
Reports to: Finance & Office Manager
- Process accounts payable and accounts receivable, including processing invoices – matching invoices to purchase orders and other backup documentation, general ledger accounting, chargebacks, etc.
- Fact-checking accounting data
- Prepare and perform check runs and ensure accounts are paid on time
- Process, file, and pay sales tax on time and accurately
- Process accounts receivables: collections, auditing royalties, weekly cash & banking, communicate banking to Executive Management, etc.
- Ensure accounts receivables are collected promptly
- Prepare deposits and reconcile company ledgers
- Reconcile cash, bank accounts, and petty cash
- Reconcile bank and credit card statements to ensure accuracy
- Maintain W9 Records
- Yearly Prep & Filing of 1099s
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- Work with monthly accounting calendar to ensure all special payables, renewals, etc., are paid/processed on time
- Team player for month end closings
- Disburse petty cash by recording entry and verifying documentation
- Accounting Department filing
- Backup to general office staff
- Various other tasks upon request
- AA or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- 3-5 year’s experience in bookkeeping or day-to-day accounting tasks (accounts payable processing, verifying/matching invoices to POs, credit card reconciliations, check runs, sales tax, 1099s, W9s, general ledger, etc)
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Superb attention to detail
- Strong time management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Word and Excel
2. Finance & Office Manager
Reports to: Director of Operations and Finance.
Location: Gretsch Office, Pooler, GA.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Work closely guiding the business to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of accounting transactions and financial statement presentations, and ensuring accounting processes and procedures are conforming to the applicable principles of accounting and regulatory requirements for a Private Business. To ensure our License Partners for drums and guitars are audited on a regular schedule and all balances for the audit are collected. Responsible to ensure all day-to-day activities and deadlines are completed in the accounting, payroll and royalty departments even if it requires you to personally perform the tasks. Responsible for office management and staff. Ensure the business is following the yearly budget in place.
This is a vital Senior Management position.
The Finance & Office Manager will supervise the accounting, royalty and office administrative staff.
• Build out the accounting team providing ongoing staff development, coaching, and leadership, while overseeing the daily financial operations of the Business Unit.
• Prepare regular management reports to facilitate efficient and fact-based decision making, including analysis and communication of actual results, forecasts, and budgets.
• Supervise and manage the accounting department on day-to-day tasks, assignments, priorities, and deadlines.
• Lead and take responsibility of month end closings.
• Responsible for review, sign off, and presentation of month-end financial statements.
• Oversee and take responsibility for all financial procedures and records.
• Responsible for various ledgers including cash disbursements, cash receipts, accounts payable, month-end payroll, journal entries, etc., to adjust and balance GL.
• Supervise and manage royalty analysis reporting, ensure third party royalty information is accurate, manage master and composition databases, and communicate results with senior management
• Ensure all monthly reports are completed on time and reviewed with all senior managers explaining reasons for swings, etc.
• Maintain extensive accounting calendar and schedules which include trademarks and domains and ensure all items are processed by deadlines.
• Involvement in insurance policies, renewals, Workman’s Comp, Liability, Umbrella, Property, Health, and other plans. Assist Director of Operations and Finance. Develop presentations to Senior Management.
• Oversee all sales tax and property tax reporting.
• Audit and monitor compliance with internal policies and procedures, internal controls, and applicable regulatory requirements.
• Work with our external auditors and other advisors to ensure efficient and effective audits with timely filings.
• Lead 1099 year-end reporting for all company entities.
• Filing and controlling all documents required by IRS regulations for audits.
• Ensure everything is running smoothly, from the day-to-day responsibilities of everyone in the office, to managing a small administrative staff.
• Responsible for processing bi-weekly payroll, submitting tax deposit, 401K contribution, providing secure documents to external CPA.
• Responsible for all HR responsibilities with staff (update and maintain HR records, warnings/required documentation for excessive absences/tardies, vacation request approvals, and obtaining Supervisor approval).
• Insurance documents for employees and maintaining up-to-date information with insurance agent.
• Oversee employee evaluations – preparing review forms and get to supervisor 30 days in advance.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance, MBA or equivalent.
• Strong background working in a financial leadership role.
• 5+ years of experience managing financial operations, including day-to-day operations of accounts payable/receivable, payroll, and auditing.
• 3+ years of office management experience.
• This position is hands-on, requiring a high degree of engagement, accuracy, and attention to detail.
• Experience in developing budgets and financial plans. Ability to lead the budgeting process that strikes the right balance between discipline, simplicity, flexibility, and growth.
• Strategic thinker with the ability to analyze financial data and provide insights into the organization’s financial health.
• Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational, and written skills.
• Excellent problem solving and reasoning skills.
• Strong working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Strong level proficiency in Excel and Word.
• Experience in brand management or a family-owned office with multiple entities a plus.
• Experience in licensing or royalties a plus.
3. Royalty Coordinator
Reports to: Finance & Office Manager.
Location: Gretsch Office, Pooler, GA.
The Royalty Coordinator position is concerned with all aspects of royalties and their payments. This position will track and record incoming royalty payments and statements, review and analyze the data to ensure that no one is underpaying or overpaying, contact sources directly to resolve issues when they arise, and prepare and issue royalty reports to executive management.
This position is a mix of bookkeeping, analysis, and problem-solving and will spend most of the time entering and combing through data, as well as devising new ways to organize and display it. But when not analyzing, working with the real people behind those numbers to ensure that everyone is being compensated—a task that requires a mixture of diplomacy and straightforwardness.
- Ensuring royalty statements are properly filed and can be easily retrieved when needed.
- Conducting product research using licensee website/google search, agreements, etc. to ensure payment is received on all products promoted.
- Maintaining master product listing for new products additions, those discontinued, etc.
- Analyzing, reviewing, and processing incoming royalty statements.
- Verifying costs and royalty calculations for accuracy and underpayment of royalties.
- Identifying inconsistencies, errors, and omissions uncovered during monthly statement reviews.
- Reviewing monthly royalty statements to ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
- Preparing reports of posted royalty statements.
- Contacting licensees for statements and payments.
- Conducting quarterly audits of all licensee partners.
- Providing regular updates/reporting to management about the status of licensees and key issues.
- Partnering with management to develop key reports to support changing business needs.
- Preparing presentation to executive management.
- Completing special projects that may be assigned by management from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Music Business, Business Administration, Accounting or Finance or related field.
- 2+ years of royalty and/or music business or related work experience.
- Music industry experience a plus.
- High level of intellectual curiosity that sparks communication, collaboration, and innovation; must have a willingness to look beyond surface requirements.
- A strong analytical mind and high-level proficiency in Excel.
- Passion for music, numbers, and analyzing large data sets.
- Detail oriented individual with strong organizational skills that can handle multiple tasks simultaneously and is able to analyze and review information from several different sources.
- Should be mathematically and analytically minded, with close attention to detail and a knack for finding and correcting discrepancies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Detail oriented, high degree of accuracy.
- Self-starter and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- A basic understanding of accounting and mathematics principles.
4. C-suite support team.
Full time or part time. C-suite experience a must. Location: Pooler, Georgia world headquarters.
5. HR professional.
Full time or part time. Location: Pooler, Georgia world headquarters/remote.
6. Vin-yard team lead.
Full time or part time. Location: Pooler, Georgia world headquarters/Ridgeland, South Carolina Gretsch manufacturing campus.
7. Gretsch Family Leadership Team
Join the Gretsch leadership team of the future!
As we develop the next generation of exceptional leadership at Gretsch, we are searching for highly skilled, qualified, and motivated professionals to lead in a variety of areas including but not limited to: operations management, information technology management, and finance & accounting management.
Aside from the general requirements below, ideal candidates will be enthusiastic, results-oriented problem solvers who strive to get things done right with a commitment to maintaining the highest standards. Skills, experience, and education as supplied during the application process will be weighed accordingly.
Location: Gretsch Office, Pooler, GA.
- Knowledge and experience in operations, IT, accounting, finance, general business office operations, or social media required.
- Minimum five years of experience managing in a licensing and/or music products company or equivalent.
- Knowledge of contracts, licensing, and best management practices.
- Demonstrated skill in formulating policy and developing and implementing new programs and procedures.
- Demonstrated skills in accounting software and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to develop a budget and financial plan and manage financial resources.
- Professional writing, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and interact with all levels of personalities, worldwide.
- Strong organizational and computer skills.
- Must be self directed, self-motivated, and capable of achieving results with minimal supervision.
- Able to work standard business hours (45-50 hours per week) at Gretsch Family World Headquarters in Pooler, Georgia.
- Approximately 10% (24 overnights per year) travel required including designated trade shows and special meetings and overseas travel.