New Rancher Is Truly – Sweet Sixteen! Traditional Gretsch Meets 2001!
Mixing tradition dating back to the 1930s with new millennium tastes, Gretsch introduces a new line of 16-inch Jumbo Ranchers in multiple eye-catching translucent colors. This solid Spruce top guitar with Maple back and sides features a bound French-style triangular soundhole, and neoclassic (half moon) inlay fret markers. This incredibly comfortable guitar is the perfect size for playing on stage, or strumming alone.
Masterfully stained, these guitars are finished with a clear coat that is polished to a perfect mirror gloss providing an intense and dazzling color display while enabling the beautiful grain and figure of the various woods to show through. Color choices currently available are: Natural, Purple, Regal Blue, Candy Apple Red, Tangerine, Anniversary Two-Tone Green, Gretsch Orange and Tobacco Sunburst. This guitar is then elegantly framed by flawless multiple bindings.
This “Sweet Sixteen” Rancher has a truly sweet voice that is articulate and punchy with just the right amount of bass. It is a wonderful fingerstyle guitar with great note-to-note separation. Playing chords is pure pleasure with each strum producing a shimmering cascade of choir-like tones. Playing single note passages is also satisfying as each note has rich complexity and authority. This guitar also works great in ensemble playing-its unique voice stands out even while blending with others.
Other appealing features include a three-piece laminated rock maple neck, flamed maple headstock with pearl Gretsch logo and horseshoe inlay, ebonized rosewood fingerboard, bone nut, 21 frets joined at the 14th fret, chrome hardware, and tortoise style pickguard.
New Rancher 16″ is Truly – SWEET SIXTEEN!!
- Solid Spruce Top, Laminated Maple Back & Sides
- Binding/Purflings: White-cell. Binding around the Body, Multi. White/Black Purflings around the outer edges of Top
- French-style Soundhole w/Binding
- 3-pc. laminated Rock Maple Reinforced Neck
- Flamed Maple laminated Headstock
- Ebonized Rosewood Fingerboard w/White-cell Binding
- Neo-Classical (Half-Moon) Inlays on Fretboard
- T-roof Gretsch and Horse-Shoe Pearl Inlays on Headstock
- Block Inlays w/Western-Motifs
- Bone Nut
- Gotoh No. SC-38-20 Chrome Machine Heads
- White Pickguard (Tortoise on the Tobacco model)